Search Active Topics Members Register

Romp Skis

Anyone looking for a great set of custom skis from a small company, I would recommend taking a look at Romp Skis.  Here is a breif description of my experience with Romp:

I purchased a pair of skis this fall from them. These boards absolutely kick ass. I was a little unsure about ordering a custom pair of skis mainly because I wasn't sure if I knew exactly how to tell them to build em, but  they worked with me one on one to get the skis that I was looking for. After personally answering a few of my initial questions, I placed the order. The order form on their website is just a starting point. After that they are in one on one communication with you via emails and by phone to talk with you about what type of skiing you will be doing, what type of terrain, your ability, etc., etc. They then talked with me about the shape of the ski, the differences in length options as far as how the ski will handle for ME, and most importantly (to me), the flex pattern throughout the ski and the different camber/rise options. After everything was said and done, I was also able to put my own graphics on the skis to completely customize them. At first I thought the custom graphics was going to be the coolest thing about them. Which it was while they were sitting in my living room this fall. Then I finally got to ski them. Wow! I'd like to say I was the one who designed them, but it was the guys at Romp who completely custom tailored them for me to my style, ability, height, weight, etc.  I couldn't believe how great the skis handled. Mine were light with just enough snap, not over powering, surprisingly quick for the width, and they fit the type of skiing I was looking to use them for.  So far, the best skis I've owned to date. Funny, you kind of forget about the graphics once the snow flies.  As a side note to all of this, the cores are made from FSC certified wood and I've heard the factory uses wind power.  And to top it all off, the price was right for me. I didn't want to spend $1,300-$2,000 for fully custom skis.  Hats off to Romp Skis for putting a happy grin on my face every time I snap in.

By: bdsharon  Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:55:43 AM
Hello, my name is Caleb Weinberg. I am Co-Owner of Romp Skis. If you have any questions or comments about our skis I would be glad to answer them. Let it snow!
By: skiercaleb  Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 6:40:30 PM

ExoticSkis.com
No Ski Ads.
No Affiliate Marketing.

Several companies provide discounts or donations to support our ski testing program.

We can choose any poles. We choose Leki. They never fail & last for years.

Boots are the most critical element when testing ski behavior. We can choose any boots. We choose Dalbello and Salomon.

Distinctive team outerwear.

Halti is our choice to stay dry and warm when testing in Nor'Easter storms.

Green Ice Wax is our choice for non-fluoro, eco-friendly waxes.
Smith is our choice for head and eye protection.

Northern Ski Works is our choice for shop work and bootfitting.
HELP SUPPORT
EXOTICSKIS.COM