Search Active Topics Members Register

VIST Skis : PRO

I have located a ski warehouse which had some VIST skis! I have tested five models. Very different feel and skiing performances of each model! Unlike mass made skis which have "minor" performance differences I noted great performance "personalities"!

Make you you know what you are buying before placing money on table.

The Pro model is a very very stable (all VISTS are stable),,but very quick edge to edge. A true SL ski with excellent ease of turn,,,,but you must be a "expert" or very proficient carve type skier to enjoy them!

Also there are several types of plates offered by VIST. I have tried all models. Some I find "problematic".

One unit has plastic arms which swing out to release bindings! I do not like plastic since it tends to break in cold cold weather! The lateral move of those arms is not easy! You must be careful not to force them.

Another unit has a metal sliding mechanism, with metal slots which swing up. A much better option. Slots are clean and well aligned! If you have choice,,get the second plate type!

If you are a short man at expert competency level or a top level women skier get these skis! You will never forget ski feel and experience!

The Skigypsy

By: skigypsy  Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:49:33 AM

ExoticSkis.com
No Ski Ads.
No Affiliate Marketing.

Several companies provide discounts or donations to support our ski testing program.

We can choose any poles. We choose Leki. They never fail & last for years.

Boots are the most critical element when testing ski behavior. We can choose any boots. We choose Dalbello and Salomon.

Distinctive team outerwear.

Halti is our choice to stay dry and warm when testing in Nor'Easter storms.

Green Ice Wax is our choice for non-fluoro, eco-friendly waxes.
Smith is our choice for head and eye protection.

Northern Ski Works is our choice for shop work and bootfitting.
HELP SUPPORT
EXOTICSKIS.COM